Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Required Introduction

Hello! I'm Jaymie Soderman and I am a Family and Consumer Sciences Major and I am so excited to start teaching! I am a senior this year and I cannot wait to be done with school so I can start my teaching career. I am the youngest in my family and I have only one older brother. I love to sew, cook, read books on rainy days, go camping, be with my friends and family, watch movies, design, be creative, go fishing, playing in parks, shopping, and the list goes on. I love to do pretty much everything if it means having a good time. Family and Consumer Sciences to me is a discipline that relates most to everyday life. With the content matter I will teach, I know that my students will be able to take specific topics and content into their lives now and into the future. These topics include: budgeting, finances, family dinamics, entrepreneurship, cooking, sewing, fashion, etc. These life skill classes are important because they will benefit from them as well as everyone around them also will. When I was in highschool, I thought I was going to end up in the medical field or something to that extent. Becoming a teacher was pretty low on my list of what I want to do with my life, but that all changed when I took a sewing class my junior year. My sewing teacher was the kind of person who was just so sweet and kind and always wanting to help her students anyway she could. The way she taught, she made sure everyone was on the same page and if they were not, she did what she had to make them understand. One day she was asking about what I wanted to become and I said that I kind of had a plan but wasn't too sure. She went on saying how she thought the same thing and after researching FCS she knew it was what she was supposed to do and told me to do the same. So I researched it out and I knew from then on that I was going to become a FCS teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Engaging introduction...I've really enjoyed having you in class!

    ReplyDelete